Friday, February 8, 2013

STAFF PICTURE

Today was Picture Day!  The staff was asked to arrive 10 minutes early so we could take a group photo.  The morning was going smoothly, and I fully expected to arrive in time after taking my daughter to her bus.  I checked the radio traffic report and discovered that my usual highway route was experiencing 30 minute delays due to "unexpected roadwork".  No problem, as my alternate route was smooth sailing!  Until I reached the train tracks, that is.  As many times as I have taken the alternate route, I have never had to stop for a train there.  But the train only had 15 cars, so I figured it wouldn't take long at all.  The train must have known that I needed to be at work early, because it STOPPED on the tracks.  Stopped!!  When it finally got moving again, it only went far enough to clear the road, but NOT enough to raise the crossing gates.  By the time I finally got away from there, it was time for the pictures to be over, but I still had hope that they would be running late with so many people to get in the picture.  Usually I arrive to work just on time and there are at least 6-7 parking spots left.  Today there were NONE!  All those usually late people, arrived early to take all the spots! So I had to park down the street.  Needless to say, I didn't make the picture.  But I did have a really good reason!


No comments:

Post a Comment