Friday, August 5, 2016

BTS 2016: DAY 2

The second day that I was able spend in my room was a busy one!  My first day doesn't really count since I got the keys and only stayed an hour. But today I sure accomplished a lot!  Before I can tackle my own setup for small groups, I must first clean and organize what was already there.  This room is called the Literacy Library, as it has two walls of leveled readers bagged and ready for checkout, but it also has a plethora of other materials to be sorted and organized.

Check out the BEFORE pictures from yesterday here.




It may not look all that great overall, but I did a great deal of cleaning and organizing! 

These Writing Materials were scattered in a few places around the room, so I cleaned out this black storage cabinet and put them all together. 
I found these Writing materials on the floor. All of them. Apparently they were on a bookshelf that broke over the summer. I cleaned out another black storage cabinet and organized the materials by grade. 

I cleaned off the first bookshelf in the picture because there were a great deal of magazine holders with leveled readers all over the floor and window sill that needed to be added to the leveled library. I put them all on a table until I have time to rearrange the leveled library to make room for them.


I gathered all of my school's Writing Folders that were scattered all over the room, from one corner to another! Having them all in one place will make them easier to distribute. Once school starts these will be given to the teachers. We collect writing samples from Pre-K through 5th grade in a special folder, and the students will receive it at the end of 5th grade. 

I think this could be my favorite part of the room by the time I'm finished!  I found a place for my Keurig and Scentsy!  I need to make a few more improvements to this area, but considering this sink/counter area was covered with a very large assortment of boxes, it's not a bad start!

I'm going to enjoy my last weekend of summer before working in my room again next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment