Saturday, August 30, 2014

UPDATED LIBRARY

For the last few years I have used a very old, very broken bookcase in my classroom library.  This year I decided it was time to get rid of it!  Aside from getting splinters, the back was coming off, and it really just needed to go!  I tried fixing it, but decided that new bookcases were in order!  My district has a furniture and budget shortage (don't they all these days), so to Target I went!  (see Pinterest Bookshelves for more on that)

 Out with the old!

In with the new!  I got four new bookcases and realized that I needed one more.  
(My library organization still needs work, but that's a project for another time!)


We had new carpet put in our house right before school started.  There was a piece left over that the crew was going to throw away unless we wanted it.  Of course I did!  I'm a teacher!  It turned out to be the perfect size for a classroom rug!  New, nice, and clean!  It's perfect!


We put the carpet in the classroom on the Saturday before school started, and there were little new carpet threads all over.  I didn't want to start the first day of school with that, so on Monday morning, the first day of school, I actually brought a vacuum from home and vacuumed the new rug 30 minutes before the kids came!  The new carpet is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment