Sunday, August 24, 2014

MEET THE TEACHER

I love Meet the Teacher Night!  Excited students and their parents come by to meet me, drop off their supplies, and check things out before the first day.  This really makes the first day of school easier on the students and the teachers.

I found these really cute standing frames at Ikea and planned to use them for Center Work, but they worked out perfectly for Meet the Teacher Night!  Had I thought of it prior to 30 minutes before the event, I probably would have typed the message though.  Next year.....



My school requires a sign-in sheet, and I also like to have a paper to fill out with contact info, food allergies, and how the student will get home the first day.  From past experience, I have noticed that if the form is too long, parents will wait to fill it out and return later, so I made it as short as possible for Meet the Teacher Night.


I let the students pick their own desk for the first day.  We will change it later in the week.

The desks are ready for the first day!  I wrote names on the desk tags and name tags for those students who attended the Meet the Teacher Night.  The students will get started on this fun Look WHO's in 3rd Grade Packet by Nicole Rios (love TPT!) while I'm greeting students and parents and dealing with supplies on the First Day of School.  The students will enjoy their special cup filled with a few goodies.  

 
 I have received a TON of new Science and Math supplies, which is great, but I haven't had a chance to organize it all, so my back counter/cabinets will be a work-in-progress for quite some time.  More supplies are still coming!  It's exciting to have new supplies!  Now I just need more time to sort and organize!!

     In case you are wondering why my number line is positioned so far from the ceiling (18 inches to be exact), you can thank the Fire Codes for that one.  I'd much rather have it all the way up, but we have to stay 18 inches from the ceiling (maybe no one will notice my Pledge Posters though....)

It's time for school!

2 comments:

  1. Love those picture frames! Cute idea.... where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found these at Ikea for 99 cents! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70223653/ Super cheap AND super cute!

    ReplyDelete