Sunday, August 18, 2013

DYEING CLOTHESPINS

I use clothespins around the classroom for many things, especially my behavior management chart.  Since I will have two different groups of students, I wanted to color code their clothespins.  The idea came to me from pinterest!  Here is how I did mine:

Gather bowls, clothespins, and Rit dye
 I chose Aquamarine (my birthstone color) and yellow.  My chair footies are light blue and yellow, so this will match nicely with my classroom colors.
 I mixed about 1/4 cup of the Rit dye with hot water, and added the clothespins.
  I let them soak for 20-30 minutes.
This is what they look like wet.
Here is what the clothespins look like after drying for awhile (though not fully dry yet).  The color looks better after drying! Although if I do this again, I would let the blue soak for a little bit longer.  However, I think they both turned out great!  I'm looking forward to using them this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment