Wednesday, August 12, 2015

CLASSROOM SET UP DAY 2

Yesterday I set up my classroom furniture.   I sat in the middle of the room to get my bearings, drew a map, set it up, thought about it overnight, and went back today feeling like it just wasn't right.  Two teacher friends stopped by to chat and I asked them what was wrong with the set up, and they helped me change some things around!

I moved my classroom Library closer to the front, and moved my Reading Table to the back.  It's buried under a pile of boxes, but it is back there! I also replaced the Dual Language rug with a very large map of the states.  There is still lots of clutter around the room to be dealt with.  I only had time to unpack 2 boxes today.  I still have a lot of work ahead of me!

When I arrived to school today, I was just in time to meet The Mold Guy.  I'm sure he has a fancy title from the district about the environment or something, but I didn't think to ask.  I was just so grateful someone came out right away!  The district will replace all of my bulletin boards.  Mold was found on 3 of them.  They will also give me an air purifier to get rid of the mold spores in the air.  I'm glad they came quickly to assess the situation.  I reminded him about school starting in just over a week, and he seemed to think it would be ready on time.  We'll see!

When I got home, I started my annual clothespin dying event!  This year I only need to dye one color.  I still have plenty of yellow clothespins left over from last year.  Aquamarine is my favorite color. (March is my birth month!)  They end up more of a turquoise color, which looks really nice!  This is a quick and easy way to add color to the classroom!  I use colored clothespins for my behavior chart, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment