Tuesday, August 11, 2015

CLASSROOM SET UP DAY 1

I was able to get into my classroom today for a few hours.  My favorite part of the first day back to school is seeing all the great people!  Aside from that, I basically just moved furniture around.  I didn't unpack anything today, but still feel like I accomplished a lot!

BEFORE



AFTER a few hours


When I go back, I may still move the furniture around.  I had a vision in my head of the desks vs the poles that didn't quite work out.  I also need to work out where my centers will be: Word Work, Writing, Computer, Listening, and Reading.  Once my centers are set, I will arrange the desks a little differently.

Looking at the picture, I just realized that I laid out the wrong rug!  That one belongs to a Dual Language Classroom and the other one must be mine.  There were two rolled up and I didn't think anything of it until just now!  That's funny!  I'll be sure to swap them out the next time I'm there!

I had to stop working today after only a few hours because I discovered mold in the classroom on three bulletin boards.  The custodial staff will try to bleach them, but if that doesn't work to kill the mold, they will have to replace the bulletin boards.  I did make sure to plug in my fridge so I can bring my Diet Coke next time!

1 comment: