Saturday, August 22, 2015

CLASSROOM COMPLETE

It's the last Saturday before school starts and my classroom is as ready as it's going to be!  I am exhausted today, will be anxious tomorrow, and ready on Monday!  I'm looking forward to an awesome year!
This is my favorite new addition to my classroom!  The Oh-Snap Pockets by Thirty-One Gifts!  They are hung just behind my Reading table.  
My behavior management system is at the back of the room.  I have only made clothespins for the students who came to the Meet the Teacher Night.  I will make the rest quickly on Monday after all of the students arrive.  
This is the bulletin board where my calendar will go.... eventually!  All 7 of my small bulletin boards will be replaced due to mold (yes, mold!).  In the meantime, they have to stay clear.  They should be replaced any day now, and then I can finish decorating my room!

In the past, I have used these white stacking bins to stay organized by the day (Monday-Friday).  This year I am going to keep things together by subject.  We'll see how that goes.  I may change back later!

The students will be greeted with owls everywhere when they arrive!  The cup has an owl pencil, several different kinds of erasers, and a pencil sharpener.  Plus there is a little snack for later!  Our lunch is at 10:45am, so my students will need an afternoon snack on the first day of school!  Maybe next year I could figure out an owl-themed snack, but the goldfish are so cute (and tasty!)  The "You're o-FISH-ally in ____ grade!" cards can be found here.  The Owl Back to School Packet can be found here.

I have a new bin for my special Read Aloud Books!  I personalized the Your Way Junior Cube from Thirty-One Gifts.  I will keep my favorite hardback books that will be perfect for Read Alouds  in this cute cube.  I have several Laura Numeroff books (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, etc...), Old Black Fly by Jim Aylesworth (one of my favorite First Grade Read Aloud books!), Dr. Seuss books, and more!

My classroom has three school desktop computers and three donated laptops.  Having six computers, plus three tablets, and an iPad will give my students more individual instruction in Math and Reading.  (Please ignore the sad, empty bulletin boards and white boards.  Eventually my Reading Focus Wall and Center instructions will be on those boards once they are fixed.)

We are ready for Monday!  It's going to be a great year!  I am looking forward to this new year with my first graders!  Hope you all have a great year too!








No comments:

Post a Comment