Wednesday, July 29, 2015

PROJECTS

As July is wrapping up, I am wrapping up several projects around my house.  Every summer I purge things around the house we no longer use, and organize the house.  But with those things finally wrapping up, it's time to focus on my school projects!

Before summer began, I had packed all of my school belongings and moved everything into my new classroom in a very large pile.  I had counted on having at least a week in my new room to unpack, organize, and decorate for the new year.   However, bad news in a school under construction, we are only going to have TWO DAYS.  2 days!  And the funny thing about those two days we are being given is that I was already asked to attend Dyslexia training those exact two days.  As much as I would like to attend the Dyslexia training,  if the building stays on schedule and we only get two days, I will have to skip the training to work in my classroom.  I'm praying that whatever the hold-up is with my building, it will be resolved earlier than expected so we can get into our classrooms early like we had planned!

So, I need to make better use of my time at home.  I have already printed out my class labels.  I created cute owl labels for the Take Home Folder, Math and Science journals, etc.  You can find several kinds of labels in my TPT store: Owl,  Super Hero, and Foxes!


Today I went to Hobby Lobby.  I find it's better to go there with a list or else I can get easily sidetracked with new ideas!  I purchased the felt squares to make my chair footies.  With tile floor, these chair footies are wonderful!  And the custodians really appreciate them!  No more black marks on the floor, or loud noises when chairs are moved!  Here is my post from last year on Chair Footies.  I'll post more once I get them finished.  I added a new color this year than just turquoise and purple!  Neon Lime!  (not as bad as it sounds!  It looks great!)

I also need to change out the fabric on my seat crates.  Four years ago my husband and I took some milk crates, added a wooden top with a thick piece of foam and covered that with fabric for cute seats for my Reading table.  Inside the crates I store seasonal books or random things.  The fabric had stains and just looked so dirty, so I decided to change them from the original gingham to a solid color.  They are going to look so cute!

While I was at the fabric counter at Hobby Lobby, I ran into a parent of a former student.  I taught her daughter in the First Grade, but I didn't realize how long it's been until she mentioned that the girl is now 16 years old!  Time really flies!

Summer really flies too!  I hope it slows down a bit before the Back to School Craziness begins!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment