Friday, July 3, 2015

BUSY WEEK

It's been a very busy week around my house!  Aside from the mother-in-law suite remodel still in progress, we had a lot more projects going on around here!

Here is a sneak peek at the master suite laundry closet!  

I have wanted to upgrade our main laundry room for quite some time. My vision was simple: paint and install a new light fixture.  But then our dryer died so we decided to get a new washer and dryer set!  Then we ripped out the only shelf in the laundry room to add a cabinet and 2 shelves, giving us more storage!  Pinterest gave me a great idea about storing the laundry pods in cute glass containers.  So my simple upgrade turned into it's own remodel project!  I love how it turned out!
The color is called "Frosty".
We chose a beautiful crystal light fixture!


The color is much brighter in person, as is the light!  I am actually looking forward to doing laundry now!

We also had our address painted on the curbs, had an a/c check, and a roof estimate. Sadly the front bay window roof needs repair, so that will be next week's project (thankfully, someone else is handling that!). I've also been organizing and purging.  That will take much more time, but this week was a good start!  5 bags ready to donate!

I even did a little bit of school work! I looked over my first Reading manual to refresh my memory about the first week of first grade!  (First up will be the letter "M" in case you're wondering...)  I tried to print the first unit from my district's curriculum website, but it hasn't been updated for the new school year yet.  I'll try again in a few weeks- I have plenty of other things to do around my house in the meantime!

I love summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment