Wednesday, July 1, 2015

DOLLAR DEALS

I love Dollar Deals!  My two favorite places to shop for great classroom deals are Target and Dollar Tree!  Target's Dollar Spot has a variety of great classroom deals!  The problem is that everything goes quickly!  I've been known to visit a few Target stores to find things, as not every Target may have the same things in stock!  I found some great deals at my local Target this week though!  Everything pictured was just $1, with the exception of the supply bins.  Those were $3, but made of thicker plastic than what Dollar Tree currently has in stock.

My favorite Target find was the large coins.  Since I purchased my one and only large coin set many years ago, there have been some new coins created!  I love seeing the Gold Dollar in this new set!  And for only $1, I won't mind letting the students use the big money!  Clipboards are also a good deal.  They will only last the year, but will get used daily!


Dollar Tree is one of my favorite stores because I have a strange addiction to plastic containers!  Seriously!  I walked in the main door and immediately saw this lovely row of plastic containers and my heart sang!  (you think I'm kidding!  LOL!)  


I didn't go too crazy this time!  Just a few things for my new classroom!  I remember that First Graders cut/glue often, which tends to leave little scraps of paper all over the floor.  These cute small green trashcans will be perfect for the groups!  The coloring is a bit off in the picture below, they are not neon green, but rather the green in the picture above.  I'm not quite sure what to do with the round purple bins, but I am thinking about putting a set of headphones and an ipod touch in each one.  Last year I used smaller rectangular bins and the headphones and/or headphone cord stuck out.  This way they will be contained and look more organized.  We'll see when I set up my room though.  I could find another use for them instead!  

Pretty soon the name of my blog and Facebook group will change just a tad.  The addresses will remain the same, but in July you will notice the name change to "Just a Second, It's Time for First!"  Can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment