Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DESK

Today a teacher friend commented that I had not updated my blog this week.  While I was sparing my readers the details of random Staff Development meetings, I remembered that I did finish my desk area!  I found a really cute pencil bookshelf to help organize my smaller things (far left in the picture).   Most of the back counter top in the picture is filled with the teacher materials for my two grade levels of Reading (that's not even all the Reading materials, just the TE's in 3 crates and 2 boxes!)   The back cabinet is still a bit cluttered for me, but when you combine your decade of things, with another teacher's decade of things, and then two grade level's materials, it's bound to be a bit cluttered!  As I go through the year, I will purge things I don't need.  Today I gave away several large piles of books to my hall buddies!  (you can rest assured that there must have been an outrageous number of children's books in my classroom for me to give up so many!)    Actually, there is still an outrageous number of children's books left, but my students will still be very happy!


  I love having a desk this big!  I like to conference with students individually at my desk, so now we have lots of room!  Next to my desk is the Writing Center.  More pictures coming this weekend.  I need to finish putting up the Reading Focus Wall(s), and then I'll take pictures of the finished room!  

No comments:

Post a Comment