Saturday, May 28, 2016

BIG CHANGE

Last spring I started thinking about my long-range career plans. Where did I see myself in the future?  
(clipart by MyCuteGraphics.com)

I love organization and would enjoy doing more along those lines, so I looked into my district's Data Analyst position. I spoke with my school's Data Analyst for a better understanding of what she did, and felt like it would be something I would enjoy doing down the road.

I also enjoy working with children in small groups.  I have Special Education certification, so becoming a Special Ed Resource Teacher might also be something I would enjoy.  It would be great to work with small groups of children, focusing on what they need to learn and grow. 

Two very different possible future goals.  I had no idea there would be a way to combine them both!  It turns out that there is!  This year I will fill a new position at my school of Title 1 TeacherIn a nutshell, I will use my organizational skills to collect and analyze data in order to provide small group instruction for students in need.  This is such a good fit for me, and I am thrilled to be able to serve the students on my campus to help them succeed!  Through my after school Reading Camp program this year, I have seen first hand the incredible growth that can occur with additional small group instruction!  It's very exciting!

Now to downsize 15 years of classroom materials!

Obviously, this means another name change to my blog. Maybe "Just a Second", or "Just a Second, It's Time for School"?  Send me your ideas on the new blog name!

2 comments:

  1. Just a Second, Time for Small Group from Brian Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a Second, Time for Small Group from Brian Lucas

    ReplyDelete