Saturday, April 2, 2016

S.H.A.P.E.

I have known two things for certain since I was five years old:

1.  Jesus loves me and I love Him.

2.  I was going to be a teacher when I grew up.

These two things have stayed with me every day since then.



 SHAPE by Erik Rees

Recently my church held a seven week study on S.H.A.P.E.: Finding & Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life by Erik Rees, in order to find out where people can best serve in the church.  Over the course of seven weeks, plus a one hour consultation, we looked at our Spiritual Gifts, Heartbeat, Natural Abilities, Personality, and Experiences.  Needless to say, I was not at all surprised by how my results came out.  I bet you won't be surprised either.



1.  TEACHING

2. ORGANIZING


Graphic from: www.mycutegraphics.com


I did struggle with one question in particular though.... What are my hobbies?  Uh, not sure.  What do you do in your free time when you're not working?  Let's see... teaching (After School Reading Camp, Children's Worship on Sunday), planning for teaching, organizing for teaching, blogging about teaching, grading papers.  What do you do that's not teaching related?  Spend time with my family and read.  Glad to know there is something I do for fun aside from teaching, teaching, and more teaching!  This summer I plan to spend much more time with my family and read more books just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment