Saturday, March 19, 2016

STRESS RELIEF

Now that it's the end of Spring Break, I can feel the stress start to creep back.  11 more weeks of school. Teaching, RTI process, after school Reading Camp, student issues, other school issues, etc...it's exhausting!  I'm deeply grateful I'm not in a testing grade this year, that would be even worse!

I made a stop at my favorite store (Mardel!) and stocked up on some good reading material to get me through the rest of the year.  I love reading Inspirational Historical  Fiction! (and only $3 a book in the discount section- what a great deal!)
While I was there, I found a nice pen holder on sale for my desk. This way I can better organize my fancy new pens, Sharpies, and pencils.


I also downloaded a few new songs on my phone for musical stress relief.  Music plays a very important part in my life. If you're feeling stressed, check out these songs:
Casting Crowns: Just Be Held


Jonny Diaz: Breathe


There is one more big change that I am implementing to get through the rest of the school year, which should decrease stress and make tough days more bearable.  Principal Gerry Brooks sums it up quite nicely with "Cups of Blessings".
 So I ran right out and bought some chocolate pudding to keep in my classroom refrigerator. 
I wonder if my principal would be interested in playing "Puddin' Oprah" to "improve climate and culture"?  What a great idea!

Something to think about anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment