Friday, May 15, 2015

THREE MORE WEEKS??!!

Part of me can't believe there are just three more weeks of school!  The other part of me can't believe we still have three more weeks of school!  It's a crazy time!

This afternoon my students were so crazy, arguing and yelling at each other for the most ridiculous reasons.  After I calmed them down and sorted through some of the drama (like why a student would choose today to call two girls "robbers" because one borrowed his pen several days ago, and had already returned it, was beyond me, but those girls were sure upset about it!), I looked around the room in a moment of panic and thought "Oh no, is it not really Friday??  I can't do this again tomorrow!"  Then I relaxed when I remembered that it really was Friday.  I was going to make it out of this classroom alive today, though probably without my sanity, but I would get out!  And I made it!

I have a very challenging group of students this year, with a lot of emotional baggage.  It is exhausting to wade through on a daily basis.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all of their outside troubles disappear, which would make our classroom a pleasant and happy place.  But I keep on.  I keep on caring about them, keep on trying to get them as much help as I am able, keep on trying to get them ready for 4th grade...

Very true!


I am also packing my classroom very slowly, one box a day.  I will miss my large classroom with lots of storage (built in the early 2000's), to move into a much smaller classroom built in the 1950's.  I've moved classrooms 4 out of 5 years at this school, so moving really isn't a big deal anymore.  I guess I was really lucky to stay in the same room for the past two years!
Ok, my classroom doesn't really look like this anymore.  It's so clean and neat in this picture!  Right now it's a huge mess!  But this is how I will remember it!   Only three more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment