Thursday, May 21, 2015

FIELD DAY

Today was Field Day!  Ok, today was supposed to be Field Day, but the thunderstorms had other ideas.  We are unable to reschedule it for several reasons, the main one being there is rain in the forecast for the next ten days.  So Field Day was cancelled.  The children were understandably disappointed, the teachers were less so...  This year's Field Day was already a logistical challenge due to our school construction projects.  It was already planned to be half inside and half outside so there was no way to make it all inside.  So, we went to plan B.

Plan B was to return to our regular schedule. I didn't have regular Math and Science lessons ready, so I figured I could use the time to catch up on Social Studies and Health.  Sadly, that didn't happen.  We did watch a Brainpop Jr. Video on the parts of a computer to get some tech instruction in!  My morning class needed to finish their rough drafts of their big Writing project for their ELA teacher. It worked out great!  It kept them occupied for awhile!  We also went to the Library for a Digital Citizenship class.  My afternoon group fared a little better in fun. They enjoyed making Cootie Catchers on the basic food groups for Health (something I had found at Mardel's for 90% off!), and read our Science Magazine for May.  After a long indoor recess, we let the kids relax with a movie: Muppets from Space (my favorite muppet movie, which is also rated G!)  I loved hearing the students laugh out loud!  It is a pretty funny movie!
Muppets From Space

There were several more crazy things that happened today, but I'll spare you my rant on the slowness of multiple bodily fluid cleanups in elementary schools...  ;)

I am really looking forward to this holiday weekend, though I can't believe today is only Thursday.  There was enough craziness in today that it should have been Friday!  Oh well, one more day to go and then a 3 day weekend!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment