Wednesday, December 17, 2014

DECEMBER

Well, December has been a crazy month, but I probably say that every year!  Last week we had a field trip to the Bureau of Printing and Engraving in Fort Worth, Texas.  I learned so much about our country's money, and my students did too!  It was really a neat trip!  Everyone got a bag of shredded money at the end of the trip.  The kids thought they were rich!  Too bad we couldn't spend it!  This week we saw The Nutcracker performed at Bass Hall.  We read two versions of the book before we left so the students knew what to expect.   It was a great performance!


My school's Administrators have been working hard these past 2 weeks to keep up staff morale with little things like this.  This is such a cute idea!  

Today we had our annual whole school sing-along.  It's always a great time!  My partner teacher and I bought these cute reindeer antlers for our students.  Here is my first attempt at a group selfie.  Sadly all the kids didn't fit, and I'm not really good at blocking out faces without it looking strange, but it's still a good photo!  We had fun!
 My wonderful 3rd grade team had a great time!  

And what group picture is complete without a photo bomb!  

But I have to say that even with all of the fun things we have done this week, this van was my favorite thing that happened this week.  We call it the Vision Van.  So many of my students need glasses but are unable to get them. This van comes to my school to give glasses to those in need.  This year I had a larger number of students in need of glasses than usual, so I am very grateful that now they will be able to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment