Monday, January 18, 2016

MLK JR

On Friday, one of my students asked me why we weren't having school on Monday.  While I had planned to teach about Martin Luther King, Jr. on Tuesday, I realized it was the right time. I quickly grabbed two children's books about the life of Dr. King.  Unfortunately my favorite one was missing from my class library, A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr. by David A. Adler.  If I don't find it soon, I will definitely buy another copy!


Just 10 months ago I had the opportunity to stand in the exact spot where Dr. King gave his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. I stood on the same step at the Lincoln Memorial and looked out at where 250,000 people would have been standing, listening, and learning.  It was an incredible experience. 


Someday I would like to go back to Washington DC.  The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial was incredible!  I would love to go back and read his words again in silence. There are many quotes engraved along the wall.






No comments:

Post a Comment