Thursday, October 29, 2015

NOT AGAIN!

So all of my excitement about moving to a new classroom evaporated when I saw this today:
Yes, that is mold in my new classroom. Fortunately someone from the Environment Department came by and now it looks like this:
I am so glad they removed the board the same day it was discovered!  Unfortunately, they were unwilling to remove the other boards as they claim there is no mold on them.
I'm not so sure.  So I have requested a work order with the Carpentry Department (the department that will install the missing board) to replace all of the bulletin boards.  I hope it's not going to be a struggle, but I am prepared to fight.  I spent too long being sick in my current room before the environmental issues were taken care of.
Missing chunk!  Lovely!

So, now that we know what we're dealing with, we're on the right path for remediation. I did empty and wash out two cabinets in my new room!  I even filled one of the cabinets after school!  Sadly, I realized that I have a LOT of stuff to be moved!  I can't really do much else at this point until everything that is currently in the new room is removed.  That should happen in the next day or two, and then it's GO time!  I am excited about getting situated and moving on with this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment