Wednesday, October 21, 2015

BUSY, BUSY

Holy Cow! I can't believe that I haven't updated my blog in awhile!  Things have been VERY busy around here, to say the least!!

It all started toward the beginning of the school year when I had an allergic reaction to something in my classroom.  Six weeks (or more) of being sick, 3.5 days off of school, three doctor's visits, countless medications, and I am finally on the mend (about 95% back to my usual self!).  I believe the classroom has been corrected, but time will tell as the construction wraps up along with my latest antibiotic!
The old bulletin boards were finally removed, new ones will be installed this week!

But being sick can't bring a teacher down!  We've had two Field trips already!  We visited a Western Art Museum and the Zoo!  I also started TWO major projects (I wasn't expecting either one, but sometimes things fall into your lap!)  Over the summer, I filled out an application for my school to start a paper recycling program, and my city would provide 55 blue recycling bins for my school!  I didn't hear anything back, so I forgot all about it until one day recently they sent an email stating they were dropping off the bins that week!  Wow!  It was crazy timing, because just a few days before, I volunteered to help organize/run our after school Reading Camp (more on that another day).  So things have been busy, busy, busy!

I did find time to write two guest blog posts for Math Teacher Tales!  Check them out at:

Expanders in Place Value

Even with all the busyness going around, my family and I were able to squeeze in a fabulous long weekend at the Happiest Place on Earth!  We had a wonderful time!

Looking forward to feeling better, catching up, and maybe even get a little bit ahead for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment