Sunday, April 5, 2015

SHOPPING FUN

I visited Mardel, my favorite educational store, this weekend.  I had a gift card saved from Christmas so I went to find some Easter goodies for my kids, and also get some laminating done cheaply.  My husband doesn't quite understand why I couldn't wait until Monday to laminate.  Aside from the time it takes to laminate at school, last I looked at our school laminator, it was taken apart and with my luck wouldn't be working on Monday.  So, since I was going to Mardel anyway, why not laminate!  And yes, I have a small laminator at home for teaching emergencies, but I was going to Mardel anyway!  Anyway, I got 8 feet of laminating done for my new centers (see previous post) for just $2.40!  Well, technically it was free since I used my gift card!  Yes!
While I was there, I happened to see the clearance aisle.  The laminator is in the back of the store.  I'm sure that's on purpose because they put a lot of great items on the end caps that catch your eye as you walk to the back.  I found a lot of great deals!  67%, 80%, and 90% off!!  Very nice!!!  But then I saw this:

I have been searching for a Math STAAR practice book unsuccessfully for many months.  This was on an end cap on my way to the laminator.  Of course I had to stop and check it out!  I did buy some teacher-made quizzes on TPT yesterday that I will use this week, but this was really what I was looking for.  It has mini-lessons AND practice tests.  But, I am too cheap thrifty.  I didn't want to spend $25 on a book, even for STAAR practice!  Thankfully I'm on Mardel's email list and had a 25% off coupon. And then when I realized that I still had enough money on my gift card, I went for it!  So, technically it was free!!

Since it is spring, I decided it was time for a new teacher bag!  I love pink!  I sell Thirty-One Gifts as a hobby.  Ok, so I really do it for the free bags and discounts!  This is the best teacher bag!  It has a lot of pockets, a zippered top, and can be personalized!  The Zip-Top Organizing Utility Tote comes in 19 colors and patterns.  It's $35 and will last a long time!  If you're looking for a great teaching bag, check out my website at: www.mythirtyone.com/392407. Thirty-One has great lunch bags too!  :)  Ok, shameless plug over.  But I really was excited to change out my teaching bag for spring!  Usually I use the same bag for the entire year, or multiple years, but I decided to switch them out (selling Thirty-One means I have a lot of bags!).  I will use my other one for other things, or can use it again next year.  

I am ready for the week to come!  It's going to be busy, busy!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment