Thursday, April 16, 2015

CONSTRUCTION

My school is currently under construction.  We are adding two additions in order to accommodate our fantastic new Universal Preschool Program.  Every four-year-old in Fort Worth can attend PreK next year!  Every one!  In the past they had to qualify as limited income, limited English, military children, or Special Needs children. But now, every child can attend!  We are very excited about this, and very excited that our school was chosen to host the UPK (Universal PreK).  


We are adding four new classrooms onto the end of our PreK hall, which will make 6 PreK classrooms total.  Here is the current state of that project:

We also need to expand our cafeteria and kitchen since we are adding close to 100 new students to our campus.
  
Being under construction is noisy and messy!  There's dirt (and often mud!) everywhere!  Thankfully my principal understands this, so as long as we are under construction, we can wear jeans and tennis shoes everyday, with a school or college shirt.  After ruining my favorite pink pants trekking through the mud in the parking lot, I am thankful for the new policy!  I wonder if I can save my unused jeans passes for next year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment