Monday, February 17, 2014

QR INFERENCING

One of the things my 3rd grade students are struggling with is Inferencing and Drawing Conclusions.  My partner teacher and I were looking for fun and creative ways to strengthen their skills in those areas without more long practice stories and practice tests.

After a recent visit to a friend's classroom, I noticed that she uses a lot of QR codes in her teaching.  She not only uses them in her classroom, but also on her bulletin board in the hallway.  So yesterday while searching through Teachers Pay Teachers for some fun and creative Inferencing activities, I found one that also has QR codes!

This pack has 24 inference task cards that you hang around the room and the students write their answers down.  The QR codes were sold separately (well worth the $1!). (click on the picture to see it in TPT.) The students will use my class iPod Touches to check their answers using the QR codes! 

Yesterday I printed, cut, and laminated the Inference cards.  12 will go on my hallway bulletin board, and 12 will go on my partner teacher's hallway bulletin board. We make a great team!

I have 4 iPod Touches already in my classroom that we use daily for Math Centers.  I worked on cleaning them up, and installing the QR Reader.  I also have two old iPhones at home that I am getting ready for classroom use as well!

Here is my finished product!


My students were very excited to see this!  We introduced it today, and will start tomorrow.  I have a special container for the answer recording sheets, clipboards, and iPods to keep everything organized. Other grades will be able to use it as well.  Learning will be happening in the hallways!  Learning will be happening everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment