Saturday, February 15, 2014

IDEAS

One of the best places for teachers to get ideas is from the classrooms of other teachers! Earlier this year, I visited two teacher friends at a different school and gained some great ideas from just looking around their rooms and talking with them.  Last weekend, I visited another teacher's room in a different school and came away with even more ideas!

 I have seen this idea on Pinterest, but seeing one in person was much better!  This is such a neat idea!  This will be added to my summer to-do list!  Very cool!
Moving up to 3rd grade this year, I have a lot more chapter books in my classroom than in previous years.  I dislike the lack of organization in my bookcases from the chapter books.  My picture books all have nice colorful buckets with labels, but my chapter books are a mess!  I LOVE this idea of separating different books.  I could do it by author, theme, genre, reading level, etc!  I will be looking for these for my classroom!

I have something similar to this for my picture books- but these containers have a plastic label piece that lifts up and out, and can be written on with a dry erase marker.  I think these would make great containers for my Math and Science buckets! I believe they came with lids too!

I have several new ideas for my to-do list!  I try to stay out of The Container Store because I could spend a great deal of time and money there.  However, I think a trip there is in my future!  

Special thanks to K.Y. for letting me take pictures of her room.   She should have her own blog!  She had so many neat ideas in there but I could only focus on a few at a time!  There is one more really big idea I got from her room that I will blog about next... QR codes!


No comments:

Post a Comment