Monday, July 22, 2013

CHAIR FOOTIES

My classroom has tile floor, and very little wall insulation between classrooms.  So this year I am making Chair Footies for my student chairs!  This will eliminate much of the chair scraping noises, and keep the floor a bit cleaner!

I found this tutorial on-line, which explains it all perfectly!


I purchased felt rectangles at Hobby Lobby for 25 cents each.  They had a ton of colors to choose from.  I chose blue and yellow to match my classroom curtains.  Each felt rectangle needs to be cut into thirds.  I bought 40 pieces to make feet for 30 chairs.  Total cost = $10!  



I think the hardest part will be actually putting the felt and rubberbands around every chair foot in my room, but in the end, it will all be worth it.  Maybe this is a good project for a volunteer!!!

1 comment: