Saturday, March 2, 2013

BUSTED!

(see previous posts on Trash Police)

BUSTED!!  That's right!  My trash kid was caught in the act!!!  He put a girl's school supply box in one of the small desktop trash buckets (I had to remove the regular class trash cans a few weeks ago and hide them behind my desk because of all the important things he was throwing away- school boxes, jackets, purses, backpacks, textbooks, etc...).  The school box didn't really fit well in the small plastic bucket, so he was caught in the act of putting it in there!!  The class went crazy!  I was stunned!  We finally discovered who it was!

The funny thing is...it WASN'T the boy I thought after all!  He was my second choice!  He was one of the new students I received in January (so I was right about that), just wrong about which boy it was!  But now I know!! I'll be keeping a closer eye on him and the trash cans from now on.  I may even bring a regular trash can back out and let my second graders use it, and keep the first graders using the small trash buckets until I can figure out why he is throwing things away, and how to break the habit!

So glad this mystery was solved!





No comments:

Post a Comment