Monday, January 14, 2013

CRAZY TESTING MONTH

Hello Blog Readers!

It's been awhile since I've updated my blog. We've done some fun things in the my dual-grade/bridge classroom, and we have been learning!  I've been hesitant to post a blog update thinking that there hasn't been anything spectacular to share with my 9 readers lately. But then I realized that it's not about the spectacular, but the sharing! :)

I really enjoyed my Christmas break. Having some down time with my family was fun and relaxing!  Just what I needed!


I was a little discouraged to go back to work when I realized how much testing we are doing this month:

- Individual reading testing using Fountas and Pinnell leveled library system.


- Istation testing.  (An awesome computer testing program that took the place of our TPRI). If only we could get the accompanying computerized Reading tutoring program to go with it!




-Moby Math placement testing. We are using a free trial of this wonderful individual computerized math tutoring program.  The students must take the placement test before starting the lessons.  I'm really hoping that my school will buy the program- its only $299 for a school license!

                                       



-Science CBA's for first grade and then second grade the next day. I'm very curious about the scores on these because I've mainly taught second grade Science, and then recently had to decrease our Science  time because my students needed more Math instruction.  Should be interesting!



And the biggie....Stanford Achievement Testing!!!  I really didn't know how I could give the first graders their SAT, and then also give the second graders their SAT as well. Each grade needs 3-4 days to complete, and I only have a week.  Thankfully my school has an awesome Data Manager who has offered to give it to my 8 second graders.  I am very grateful!



All of this is on top of our weekly Reading, Spelling, and Math assessments, and every week in January is a 4 day instructional week.  January is now called Crazy Testing Month!


On a good note, I have been very encouraged while scoring the Fountas and Pinnell reading levels tests. I was excited to see every student increase a level, and some have even increased 2 or 3 levels since we tested last.  Great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment