Thursday, January 2, 2014

LOCKING UP

Today I found something wonderful for my classroom!  This is something I have really needed!
Yes! A LOCKING 3 drawer file cabinet!  Hurray!!  Although I do have a file cabinet in my classroom, it does not lock.  I even ordered a key for it online (paid about $20), but when I tried it out, I discovered that the locking mechanism is broken.  My district has a furniture shortage right now, so they can't get me one that locks.  I really need a place to lock up my purse in my classroom.  None of my desk drawers or cabinets lock.  I also needed a place to lock up my iPod Touches that we use for various centers.  Currently I have to take all four of them home every night, along with our new iPad.  I am blessed to have so many electronics this year, but it is a hassle to take them home and back daily.  Now I can just lock them up in the top drawer!  Very exciting!
     In case anyone is interested,  I found this file cabinet at Walmart for $39.88.  Target has one in a cream color for $50.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment