Monday, April 29, 2013

VAMPIRE TEETH

If you have never seen the Max and Ruby episode called  "Max's Halloween", it is a cute story about how Ruby wants Max to dress like a Prince for Halloween, but he wants to be a Vampire instead.  He just wouldn't part with his Vampire Teeth!  Today I felt like I was IN that episode!



      

I have a cute first grade boy that showed up to class today wearing green glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth.  I told him he looked great, and asked him to put the teeth in his backpack until recess at the end of the day.  I watched him put the teeth away. Yet every time I looked at him throughout the day, he was wearing the teeth.  I would watch him put them back in his backpack, and then find him wearing them again later.  (normally I would have collected the teeth and given them back at the end of the day, but for one thing, I didn't want to touch them, and for another thing, due to a sub shortage, I had 32 children in my room instead of my usual 20.  It was a pick-your-battle kind of day.)   He just cracked me up all day with those teeth- just like Max from Max and Ruby, when I least expected it, he would smile at me with those crazy teeth!  He has special needs, so I just couldn't get upset with him, and it did bring some humor into a crazy day!  And at least he wasn't backflipping off his chair or the bathroom sink today!  Maybe the teeth should come back another day!


         










No comments:

Post a Comment